Monday, June 20, 2011

Dear Derek,

This time last year we were both scared about becoming parents, scared about the responsibility of taking care of two babies and scared of the unknown. And now look at us, we have two almost 11 month old girls, and you are the most amazing father. I love to watch you play with Amelia and Emma after work or right before bed. You get down on the floor with them and always get them to crack a smile. I love watching you read to them. You know all their favorites and are always mastering your voices for each character. I love watching how confident you've become in your role as a father. You are willing to change the stinky diapers, are willing to make a fool of yourself to get a smile or a giggle, you know how to calm a cranky girl and a cranky mom and always have the magic touch of getting a sleepy baby fighting to stay awake to fall asleep in 5 minutes. I love watching them light up when you walk in the room. You are funny, smart, and very protective of your family. You are so supportive of me and love us all unconditional. All traits I can only hope that get passed onto our girls. I am so thankful to have you, and even more thankful that the girls have you. We all love you so much.

Thank you to everyone who have been so supportive to Derek and I as parents. We couldn't do it without you.

Happy Father's Day My Love,
Wife

1 comment: