Monday, June 13, 2011

Dear Amelia and Emma,

Dear Amelia and Emma,
You are 10 months old and I can't believe how far you have come this last month. You love to explore, make us laugh and love to be the center of attention. You amaze everyone around you with all the new things you learn as each day passes. You girls teach your Dad and I new things everyday. How to be creative in figuring out what you want. How to keep to a schedule. How to change a diaper on a baby that can roll over. How to play make believe again. And how to be strong for you both when we want to break down and cry. Being a parent is a really hard job, but we wouldn't trade it for the world.

This month has brought many firsts. Your first trip to the Cape, which means your first long car trip and your first stay in a hotel. You both traveled really well, and were easy going as usual. We have recently had a stretch of beautiful weather, so your dad and I got a baby pool for your first swim. You both LOVE swimming. We are planning to bring you swimming in the big pool soon. I think you will love it! We also took you on a trip down to the beach and Emma you enjoyed your first Italian ice (sorry Amelia you were asleep... next time you will get to try some!). I think one of the best thing about having both of you is watching you experience firsts of everything, twice.

Amelia Jane,
This month you have grown so fast and have become so many new things. Loving, curious, and my sweet little girl has even become stubborn. You still love to smile and laugh. You are a charmer, you can give a grin that will melt any one's heart. You have been rolling over and lifting your head off the ground. You clap and say something that sounds like "Yay." You are so close to saying Da-da. You learned to (almost) sit on your own, which is a huge step from last month where you didn't show much interest in it at all. You can even pick up star puffs and eat them on your own. When your sister takes things from you, like a toy or your paci, you are learning to take it back. You know what you want and you are willing to fight for it. I wouldn't
want it any other way :)

Emma Jane,
This month I looked at you and I don't see a baby, I see a big girl. You do things that big kids do. You sit up all on your own. You play with toys on your own. Although you don't crawl, you know how to get around. You can spot something you want out of reach, and you will make your way over. You got your first tooth. You can clap. You are learning how to share. You fight your naps, so much that you fall asleep sitting up sometimes. Your opinions are emerging, if I take something away from you - I am the worst mom ever and you let the world know. But you are so adorable when you make your sad face, it's hard to not smile back. This makes me sad that the baby days are ending, but I am so excited to see what the big girl days ahead are
going to be like.

Girls,
The older you get the more quickly time passes. The past month has flown by! You are so busy and definitely keep me on my toes. We spend our days playing, and cuddling and experiencing as many new things as possible. You are still so curious and I can see your little minds soaking everything in. Even though everything is changing much faster than I thought it would, I am loving every minute. Thank you for bringing so much happiness into every minute of my day.

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment