Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dear Amelia and Emma,

I can't believe it's been four whole months! If time keeps going at this pace you will be going to the prom and getting your driver's licenses. Such sweet little ladies... just stay little for a bit longer, okay?

Amelia,
You are 22 inches tall and weigh 10lbs 2oz. And in the 1st percentile - yup, you made it on the charts! Now we'll call you the big sister that is almost as big as her little sister. I swear we woke up one morning and you were bigger and heavier than you were the night before. You are such a happy little baby who loves to make noises and tell stories. You are really vocal, saying oooh's and aaah's, exploring how quietly or loudly you can make them. You watch your dad and I tell stories and try to make the same faces we do. You have a new favorite, your thumb/fingers. Figuring out how to get them into your mouth is a new challenge and so rewarding once you've got a good suck going. Amelia, I love you more than words can express. I love your big smile and your almost laugh. You have such a sweet, funny personality and your dad and I can't wait to see what new sounds and faces you come up with next.

Emma,
You are 22 3/4 inches tall and weigh 10lbs 5oz. And you are also in the 1st percentile! The little sister that is almost as little as her big sister. You are such a happy little girl who is so interested in the world around you. You have a new found interest in your feet, you are so amazed that they are yours... and that you have two of them! You lift your head and explore. You've decided that you don't really like to be held like a baby anymore, you want to sit up and see what's going on in the room around you. I have to admit, when you are tired and let me hold and rock you like a baby, I think about how I want to
hold you like that forever and I don't want to let go. Emma, I love you more than words can express. Your love for the world around you is so inspiring and watching you learn new things each day is just as exciting for your dad and I as it is for you.

We cherish you both, more than you can ever know. You girls have brought so much happiness into our lives and we can't imagine how life would be without both of you. Any day now you are going to notice each other, and when that happens I know there is going to be an immediate bond between the two of you. I can't wait to see you grow up together, laugh together and even plot against us together. These four months have been amazing, I can't wait to see what excitement the next month brings.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Yep, you did it again Jen- tears! Quiet Jen with all of these words, the girls are so lucky that you are documenting their beginning like this.

    ReplyDelete