Monday, December 20, 2010

Blessed

Amelia and Emma were baptized last weekend. These are the dresses the girls wore, both were handmade out of my wedding dress by the oh so talented Sharon Jean. At first I was a little sad at the idea that my wedding dress would be hacked to pieces, thinking that maybe they would want to wear it on their wedding day. But then my sister pointed out that this way they will both get to wear it. So Auntie Sharon spent hours and hours putting these dresses together. And I am so grateful that she created a family heirloom that will be used for generations to come. Thank you again!!!


Amelia being baptized.

Emma being baptized.

The girls with their godparents. Karen is the godmother for both girls,
my brother Mike is Amelia's godfather and my brother Joe is Emma's godfather.



My mom made these head bands out of the hairpins I wore on my wedding day.
They came out awesome, thanks mom! I think they look like Baby Gaga!!


And their fancy purple shoes, handmade by Auntie Karen! Love them!!

And thanks to my parents for hosting a nice lunch afterwards. We really have such a great group of family and friends and couldn't do it without you. We are truly blessed.




4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is such a special thing to do with your wedding dress! What a great idea. I also like that their shoes color coordinated with the godparents outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you picked up on that Erin, I swear we didn't even plan it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dresses coming from yours and Mary did a marvelous job on their headbands! I can't seem to "clip" the picture of the two of them in front of the tree can I please have a digital file of that one?

    ReplyDelete