Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Bath at Home

I did Emma's first bath at home by myself one afternoon.

She had just woke up and I thought it would be a good idea to start the bath. I picked her up and started towards the sink. Well, as I was making my way downstairs I realized I needed to get the big bath towel to put under her. Once I had that I went down to the sink. At that point I thought to myself... Hmm I should have prepared a little better. I was used to doing this at the hospital where everything is all near the sink and ready to go.

I put the bath towel down first, placed her on top and got her undressed. Before she came home, I made a bath caddy that has all of the essentials for bath time. Well, again I wasn't thinking and had it all the way on the other side of the kitchen. So I bundled her up, got the caddy and started to get the water ready. When everything was set I unwrapped her to find a nice poop she left for me in her towel. At least it wasn't in the water, right? I took the dirty towel and threw it on the floor. We continued on with her bath and everything went smoothly. Cleaned her, washed her hair and warmed her up with a fresh towel.

Then I looked down and realized I had stepped in baby poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment