Friday, October 12, 2012

My Twins Ate My Homework

We've been taking the girl's to a lot of new places lately, and to help keep them occupied, I put together "busy bags".  Each bag is different, and has a fun activity and teaches the girls something new.  Each activity usually keeps them busy for 15-30 minutes, maybe longer, depending on the day.  The girls are always excited each time I give them a new busy bag.

This morning, I had a little bit of a cold, so Derek got up with the girls so I could sleep in a little longer.    After I got up, Derek was filling me in on the girl's morning, as we watched them play with their little people zoo.  It went a little something like this:

Derek: Oh yeah, the girls loved putting the beads down the slide this morning.
Me: The beads from what?
Derek: The beads from the busy bag....
Me: What busy bag?
Derek: You know, the ones with the pipe cleaners, and the beads, and the crayons and markers and paper....
Me: Umm, that wasn't a busy bag....that was my Chemistry homework....
Derek: Ohhhh, that's why there were beads glued together....
Me: Um, ya
Derek: Emma hurt her finger on it while she was ripping it apart
Me: (Silence)
Derek: Well, they did an awesome job coloring on the papers....
Me: (Silence)
Derek: They spent about 30 minutes on it.....
Me: (Silence)
Derek: Emma was really good at putting the beads on the pipe cleaners.....
Me: (Silence)



Before

After

Before

After


1 comment: