Thursday, July 21, 2011

R.I.P. MINI

A year ago today I traded in my MINI Cooper. I went to work that morning alright with the idea of giving her up. And then on my way to the dealership I started sobbing. And it wasn't the cute cry, it was the real ugly kind. Think lots of snots. As I took my final voyage, I decided to sing that song "I wanna be a millionaire so freakin' bad"... cause if I were a millionaire I could keep my car and have a "mom" car too. When I pulled into the dealership Derek and I sat in the MINI and I cried for a good 15 minutes. At that point I think Derek had to pry me from my car. I drove off the dealership that afternoon in a new car that would be able to fit two little baby girls safely. (Don't think I didn't try everything to get two car seats in the back of the MINI!) From the dealership, Derek and I went straight to our lamaze class. As we were walking into the hospital, I looked down on the ground and saw a red silly band in the shape of a car. I didn't know who's it was, but I picked it up and put it on. It was a sign :)

And if you look in the pictures from when the girls were born, you can see the red silly band on my left hand:


No comments:

Post a Comment