Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Monster Truck

I had plans to drive up to my parents house for one of the snow storms. They have cable and with all of the storms this year, we wanted to switch it up a little. As I was laying in bed that morning, I looked out the window to see snowflakes already falling.... What?!?! The storm wasn't supposed to start until 3pm. So I flew out of bed and began packing. Before the girls came I could pretty much roll out of bed and throw a few things into a bag and be out the door. Packing has a whole new meaning now. Usually it takes me about an hour to get everything together and a half hour the pack the car.

That morning I somehow removed the snap n' go stroller from the trunk and filled it with everything else we needed for our trip, all in under a half hour. Record time. The only thing left to put in the car was the dogs, girls and myself. As I began to pull out of our garage I drove over some ice patches that made a loud crunch.

oh wait.

Those weren't ice patches. That was the snap n' go stroller that I put behind the car because I was loading everything into the car at super human speeds. Oh no, I just went all monster truck on the stroller. I better get out and check to see the damage. But at that point I was only half way out of the garage and I couldn't open my door... so there was no choice... I had to pull forward. Crunch, crumble, bop, bonk... I got out of the the car and saw what remained. The poor little snap n' go, with a new roughed up look.

Our snap n' go doesn't go so much anymore. And when it does, it's with a lean, three wheels and one that is ready to snap off.


No comments:

Post a Comment