Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dear Amelia and Emma,

Dear Amelia and Emma,
It has been three months since we welcomed you both into our lives. I can’t believe how far we’ve come and how fast we’ve gotten here. Your dad and I have really settled into our new roles as your parents and actually feel like naturals now. You know our voices and follow us around the room with your eyes. When we pick you up it calms you. I love that you both know who your dad and I are. You have us both wrapped around your little fingers, we would do anything for you girls.

This month I had to deal a milestone that I didn’t want to face; going back to work. It’s been a tough transition back but knowing you are home with Grandma and Uncle Mike makes it 100 times easier. The time that I’m away from you both I’m thinking about your little faces, wondering what you are doing, if you are happy or sad and count the minutes until I get to see you again.

Amelia,
You are such a happy little baby. You have figured out how to smile and really mean it!! You look at me and crack a wide mouthed smile and it melts my heart. Every once in a while you even start to laugh and my heart melts even more. Knowing that I can make you happy means the world to me and I only hope that I can always make you smile.

You have become such a big and strong little lady. These days you are weighing in at 8lbs 3oz and have almost outgrown your newborn clothes. You love to flex your leg muscles and even try to stand. As your dad says "She is pretty much walking already". You'll quickly learn that he's a good story teller :) Every day I look at you and you've gotten bigger or learned something new Miss Amelia.

Emma,
You are a girl who knows what she wants. And if you have what you want, you are all smiles. You have a smile that lights up your face and lights up a room too! You are so aware of your surroundings and need to know whats going on, you have made great friends with the snail, dragonfly and bee that hang above your bouncer chair. You talk and play with them all day long.

You have also become such a big and strong little girl. You currently weigh 8lbs 12oz and have almost grown out of newborn sizes too. You're holding your head up very well, but every once and a while you like to head bang, so we're still very careful. We do lots of tummy time and it's your favorite. You can get where you want to be even though you can't lift your body. Every day I am amazed by you Miss Emma.

Girls, you are getting so big and things are changing everyday. You are the loves of my life and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. I’m incredibly grateful for the time that we spend together, getting to know each other. Watching you both grow from little chicken legs to sweet chubby thighs. You are truly a blessing, and I’m so lucky to have been able to spend these last few months home with you.

I plan to cherish every sweet smile, enjoy every laugh, and hold you just a tiny bit closer… soaking it all in. I don’t even want to blink, because I know I'll miss something. I love you, sweet girls.

Love, Mom


Amelia Jane, 8lbs 3oz

Emma Jane, 8lbs 12oz



2 comments:

  1. Wow, they are looking more alike now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I'm sitting here crying like a baby for the third "monthly update" posting in a row. If you keep doing this, I'm going to shed a lot of tears over these girls--- but it will be just fine because your letters will be a wonderful keepsake for you and them.

    ReplyDelete