Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dear Amelia and Emma,

It is so hard to believe that we've had you both for two months! This month has brought many changes, the major one - having everyone under one roof! The days when we would visit with you in the hospital feels like an eternity ago. You are both getting so big so fast, it makes me sad. I want to hold you cuddled up next to me forever. I know soon you will be too big and interested in exploring the world. Hopefully you'll throw me a bone and find time to cuddle anyways :)

Amelia, I will never forget the feeling of having to leave you in the hospital when we first took your sister home. Although all of the nurses assured me that you wouldn't know the difference, I always felt comfort in knowing that you both had each other while your dad and I weren't there. The day I finally got to walk out of the hospital for the first time with our whole family together was simply amazing! Although you needed a little more time in the hospital I think it payed off. For the littlest big sister your not so little anymore, 6lbs 8oz!

Over this second month you have grown so much, we can't believe what a happy little lady you are growing up to be. We've even heard you giggle a few times in your sleep. You crack everyone up with the faces and smiles you make. We love to watch what you will come up with next. You are so interested in the world around you, following us as we move around the room, staring at your sisters Penne and Charlotte and just examining everything in sight. You are going to be our little adventurer, that doesn't let anything stop you. You've already proved this to me because you can break out of a swaddle like its no ones business!!

Emma, Our second child born but our first one home. What a great feeling to finally have you home. I sat and watched you sleep that first night, and probably checked that you were breathing a million times. I didn't want you to be lonely, or sad and I wanted to be there if you needed me. Charlotte was so excited to meet you that she didn't sleep a wink either! I was able to use everything I learned in the hospital, finally got to feel like a real mom. Thank you for being so patient with your Dad and I those first few days.

Over this second month you have also changed so much. You started off having a laid back personality and I'm wondering where that went. You are the diva, just like your sister Penne! You call the shots; rock me, swaddle me, change me, sing to me. And we do because you are just so freaking adorable. Even though you've got the diva personality you are also a very happy baby. You have a smile that lights up your face. I love that you are even starting to really smile back at us. You are becoming more aware of your surroundings and have even been staying awake more. We love getting to know more about you each and every day.

Amelia and Emma, Dad and I are so proud of how big you've both grown. Happy two month birthday Amelia Bedelia and Emma B. We can't imagine life without you.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. sob sob

    now it is time for Dad to make a guest appearance on the blog.

    Now back to reading it all from the beginning again. I can't get enough of them through what you share.

    love
    gran-ma brattie

    ReplyDelete