Monday, August 23, 2010

Jail Time

Well last night I almost went to jail... well not really, but I did almost steal Emma from the hospital... well not really, but that's what the nurses and the police at Uconn Health Center thought!!

I think I got set up. Every night as Derek and I pack up to leave the hospital we get dirty clothes and bottles together to bring home and wash them. Well last night was no different, well at least that is what I thought... So I was minding my own business walking out of the nursery except as we were leaving the nursery an extremely loud alarm went off. At first I didn't know what was happening, I didn't realize I was the problem. As this ear piercing alarm was going off all of the nurses started running to the door where I was exiting. I froze, all I could think was "Am I standing to close to the automatic door, is that why it's not opening and this horrible alarm is going off?" Thankfully once the nurses saw it was me and saw the dirty laundry I was holding they were able to disarm the alarms and let the police know I was harmless.

Apparently, I should have spoke up. Earlier in the day I noticed that Emma didn't have her little baby LoJack device on. I looked around the nursery but didn't see it and didn't think too much of it. She must have slipped it off when the nurses weren't looking and hid it in the leg of one of her pajamas. Thanks Emma, making me look like a criminal. At least we know that the security system works :)

No comments:

Post a Comment