Thursday, April 5, 2012

Things my mom did, that I swore I NEVER would do...

It was a day I knew I couldn't avoid, and a day I was dreading. It was worse than turning 30! Kids from our generation cringe at the thought of minivans because its our generation that was crammed in the back with windows that opened an inch, poor air conditioning, bench seating, wood paneling on the outside... and in my mom's minivan the smell of barf from my brothers friend Scooter. (It was cleaned several times but the smell of hurl always lingered in the air... especially on warm days.) My mom's even had paint chipping off the hood of the car that resembled the batman symbol, no joke. Luckily things have gotten (am I really going to say this) sweeter... and so practical. Now we have so much space, we don't have to launch over the front seats to access the back seat.

And instead of going from a Mini Cooper to a Minivan, we say it's a Mini Cooper to a Tour Bus.

5 comments:

  1. Jen you forgot to mention the aroma of hockey bags

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen you also forgot to say that the wood paneling on the outside was really contact paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And when it died right as we were about to get on the Chesapeake Bay bridge we all cheered..Well the 4 of us cheered...Dad not so much..

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many fond memories of that minivan, TX6610!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We call ours a studio apartment (not that I am proud of owning a minivan)... But they are sort of nice.

    ReplyDelete