Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dear Amelia and Emma,

7 months old. Can you even believe it? I know for certain your dad and I can't! I close my eyes and I can see the two of you when you were just born. So tiny. So helpless. And then I open my eyes and I see two girls who are ready to take on the world. Both exploring, both holding your heads high and both learning new things everyday. You are growing at warp speed, right before our very eyes. I wish you could stay these perfect tiny people forever, but I am excited to see you each grow into something more than we could ever imagine. I enjoy every minute I have with you and can't wait to see what the future brings. And even though you are growing up so quickly, you will always be my perfect tiny babies.

Amelia,
I know I've said this before, but I will say it again... you are such a happy girl. And you love making everyone happy too. You smile at anyone who looks your way. And when you have their attention you stick your tongue out in this way that is so silly. Almost to guaranty a laugh too. Your proudest moments are when you get your sister's
attention and make her smile too.

You have learned so much this past month. You are always busy holding something, a toy, a book or (most likely) your feet, and putting whatever it is in your mouth. And this month you have really mastered holding up your head. You love to look around the room and when you are tired you will roll from your stomach to your back.

Emma,
I know I haven't said this every month, and it's not because you aren't a happy baby but you have been more serious than anything. This past month you've become such a super happy girl. You love to smile and giggle. You squeal when you are happy and excited and love playing games. You have a laugh that brightens your face and anyone around you... including your sister.

You have learned so much this past month. You've rolled both directions; stomach to your back and back to your stomach. You are learning how to sit on your own, even though it always ends with you folding in half. And when you stiff leg us, we know that your telling us it's time to practice standing.

Girls,
You both amaze me everyday. You laugh at funny noises, sneezes, each other, and your mom and dad dancing. But what makes you laugh most is Charlotte. She can run around the room, shake her head, even look at you... pretty much anything she does is the funniest thing you've ever seen. And the best part is I get to sit back and listen to the biggest roar of out of control laughter from both of you. You girls are little people with great personalities. I can't wait to know you as big people too :)

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment